Friday, September 7, 2007

Allen criticises young parents

Lily Allen has slammed people who have children at a young age, despite being pregnant at just 22. The Smile singer, who recently announced she was expecting her first child with her boyfriend, Chemical Brothers star Ed Simons, recently insisted she was too young to become a mother before discovering she was expecting.

She said, “People are having kids too young and nothing is being done about it. I want to have a child. If I was in the right relationship, I’d like to have a child in about two or three years’ time. I’d like to be a young mother, although not too young, and I’d like to be able to live in a nice place that has a good catchment area for schools. And that’s all I care about. That’s all you need.”

Lily, who began dating 37-year-old Ed last September, also insisted any children she has will be state educated. The pop star, who attended private school Bedales, in Petersfield, Hampshire, added to Marie Claire magazine, “Private education is a waste of money.” In December, it was revealed Lily was pregnant and she has since insisted she is “thrilled” to be expecting.

No comments: